Communication nowadays is very important. It started with a simple hello and now, online messages are widely used on every platform. Wherever you are in the world, you may have probably heard of messaging apps that will help you reach anyone. According to research, over 100 billion messages are being sent over the internet every day. With these statistics at hand, we can say that communication is always at its all-time high. At any time of the day, you will be able to send a private message to anyone as long as you have an internet connection whether it’s from Wi-Fi or mobile data.
Signal Private Messenger is an emerging communication app available on Android and App Store. In 2013, Moxie Marlinspike founded Open Whisper Systems to develop Signal as a free and open-source messaging software. This messaging app is being used by millions of people for free and can send and receive messages instantaneously. With over 40 million monthly active users as of January 2021 and is expected to double in the coming years, many people are using Signal for an enhanced experience in sending private messages.
Benefits of using the Signal Private Messenger App
- Signal is a secure app that makes sure that your messages are private. Signal Private Messenger uses state-of-the-art encryption which makes your communication very secure. It is using the End-to-End-Encryption (E2EE) technology which means that the contents of any message are only available to the sender and the intended recipient. Only the receiver of the message will be able to decrypt it. With a good E2EE protocol, anyone with malicious intent will not be able to read the message you send.
- It’s an open-source software. This means that it’s a software with source code that anyone can inspect, modify and enhance. Programmers who will be able to access the source code of an app will be able to modify its features or fix the parts that don’t always work correctly. Many people prefer open sources because they have more control over the software. It also is widely accepted by the industry that’s why communities are built to help each other out in the software development stage.
- It has disappearing message features. This is also known as self-destructing messages. This feature has been around for a while now and what it does is it makes your messages appear only for a certain period of time. It will make your message visible for only 30 seconds, 5 minutes, 1 day or up to 4 weeks. This option deletes the chats for both the sender and the receiver.
- It logs a minimum amount of data. Not all users are using a high-end phone, and with this in hand, Signal is a very good option for messages. It’s a space saver which means that it will take a very little space in your phone’s storage memory. The mobile data consumption it uses is also very small compared to its competitors.
- Signal allows users to make one-to-one and group voice and video calls with up to 40 people in the call.
- Signal includes a cryptocurrency wallet functionality. This allows the user to send, receive and store in-app payments.
- It’s free. All features that come with Signal are free of charge. It means that you will be able to call someone, send a message, join a group call, and make an international call, all free within the app.
How to install Signal on your phone
It starts with downloading the app in Google Playstore or Apple App Store:
You will be registering your mobile number upon setting up. Once the app has been installed and registered in your account, the Signal app will use your Internet connection to securely communicate with other Signal users by text, voice, video, group messaging, and file sharing. All these are done using the secured Signal protocol.
You can also use Signal on your desktops whether you’re using a Windows OS, MAC OS, or Linux (64 bit or 32 bit). You will be able to link your account to your desktop app by using your phone number. Once the desktop is synched to your mobile phone, you’ll see the Signal app interface along with your contacts.
Security nowadays is very important. We all know someone whose accounts have been hacked either because they use an unsecured connection, compromised profiles, or an app that has a weak data encryption. With the amount of sensitive information, we are sharing every day, security is a must and Signal is a very viable option. Download Signal now and experience secured communication.